adno=HD-FIL-FP2 2 Months Before…
• Confirm your move in date.
• Contact movers and compare prices, guarantees and availability.
• Contact your insurance company to confirm coverage.
• Do an inventory of your belongings.
• If you’re packing your own belongings, this would be a good time to start. Label your boxes carefully
in bold print, identifying the room they belong in at the new home.
• This is also a good time for a garage sale!
4 - 6 Weeks Before…
• Contact your children’s new and old schools for record transfer, if applicable.
• Pick up a moving kit from your post office.
• Stay in regular contact with builder and moving company about the move-in date.
• Contact your utility companies, both the old and new if any are changing.
2 - 3 Weeks Before…
• If you are moving from another area, obtain any medical or dental records you wish to take with you.
• Make any travel arrangements, such as a hotel if necessary.
• Turn in change of address cards to post office, creditors, family and friends.
• Make sure your disconnection’s are scheduled at your old house.
• Organize and pack any legal papers, insurance records, important papers, etc.
• Be sure pets and/or children are being cared for the day you move.
• Arrange for cancellation of newspaper, if necessary.
• Pack your car with any items too fragile for the moving truck.
• Be sure all boxes are clearly labeled, especially those you may need to get to first,
such as kitchen or bath room supplies.
• Confirm that everyone involved with your move has directions to your new home
- You don’t want to lose any helping hands to bad directions!
• Stay calm and get ready to enjoy your new home!
18 · THURSDAY, MAY 2, 2019 TRIB TOTAL MEDIA